Installing black cabinets allows you to break from the comfort zone, creating a stronger look in a kitchen. Just like the white ones, black kitchen cabinets are perfect to be paired with various decorations. Black cabinets are also perfect to create 2019 design trends, such as a two-tone kitchen.
- 1 How to Pair Black Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.1 1. Black Cabinets with Silver Lining
- 1.2 2. Black and Grey Cabinets
- 1.3 3. Black Cabinets with White Subway Tiles
- 1.4 4. Sleek, Minimalistic Black Cabinets
- 1.5 5. Black Cabinets, White Countertops
- 1.6 6. Black Cabinets with Glass Panels
- 1.7 7. Black Cabinets with Mesh Front Panels
- 1.8 8. Black Cabinets with Black Marble Backsplash
- 1.9 9. Black Cabinets for Modern Farmhouse Kitchen
- 1.10 10. Two-tone Black Cabinets
- 1.11 11. Black Floor Cabinets with Open Shelves
- 1.12 12. Black Cabinets with Black-and-White Floor
- 1.13 13. Lacquered Cabinets with Matte Floor
- 1.14 14. Black Cabinets for Glamorous Kitchen
- 1.15 15. Black Cabinets with Marble Stovetop
- 1.16 16. Matte Cabinets with Lacquered Floor
- 1.17 17. Black Cabinets with Terrazzo
- 1.18 18. Smudged Zinc Black Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.19 19. Lacquered Finish Black Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.20 20. Ebony Black Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.21 21. Onyx Fridge
- 1.22 Inky Shade
- 1.23 Gunmetal Tiles
- 1.24 Contrasting White
- 1.25 Ebony Beadboard
- 1.26 Black Range Kitchen Cabinets
- 1.27 Obsidian Backsplash
- 1.28 Painted Trim
- 1.29 Brass Accents
How to Pair Black Kitchen Cabinets
You can experiment freely with various black kitchen cabinet ideas. They are great to be paired with bright or somber colors. Try different backsplash and wall colors to match the elegant black sets. You can also experiment with countertop materials and kitchen island tones.
Make sure to install black cabinets in a well-lit kitchen. Black cabinets in a dark room will make it feel oppressive, especially if the kitchen is small. Here are 17 great combinations to try with black kitchen cabinets:
1. Black Cabinets with Silver Lining
Literal silver lines will improve black cabinets, making them more visually striking. Choose a silvery color for the black cabinet handles or knobs to match the lines.
2. Black and Grey Cabinets
Add dimension by installing grey cabinets next to the black ones. To create depth, install grey cabinets that have more prominent designs. The black cabinets will create “shadows and textures” for the overall look.
3. Black Cabinets with White Subway Tiles
White subway tiles are common design elements, but they look fresh when paired with black kitchen cabinets. Choose glossy white tiles so you can contrast them with black cabinets. Add dark grouts if you want more tile definitions.
4. Sleek, Minimalistic Black Cabinets
Get the sleeker look by installing minimalistic cabinets. Choose the ones that have a flat design, with no handles or knobs. Pair these sleek cabinets with modern glass pendant lamps and white marble floor.
5. Black Cabinets, White Countertops
White countertops will “cut” through the surface of black kitchen cabinets. They give you a sense of direction and provide a visual cue of their practical functions.
6. Black Cabinets with Glass Panels
Glass panel cabinets are common, but they become more interesting with black color. Pair sleek black cabinets with square glass panels for a modern look. Keep white crockery sets in there to create additional decorative elements.
7. Black Cabinets with Mesh Front Panels
Bored with glass panels? Try installing mesh panels for the black cabinets. Mesh panels create a unique look in the black cabinets. They are distinctive, but not overwhelming.
8. Black Cabinets with Black Marble Backsplash
Marble backsplash is a perfect pair for elegant black kitchen cabinets. Be bold by installing black marble along with the black cabinets. Try finding marble backsplash that has golden specks so that you can install gold handles or knobs on the cabinets.
9. Black Cabinets for Modern Farmhouse Kitchen
The bold look of black cabinets is synonymous with modern kitchen. However, they can give a fresh twist to a traditional kitchen style, like a farmhouse kitchen. Create more modern version by pairing black wooden cabinets with white glass pendant lamp and light wooden kitchen island.
10. Two-tone Black Cabinets
Two-tone cabinets are the new trend that will take off in 2019. Pair black cabinets with other colors, such as latte brown, cherry red, or deep mustard. If you want to follow 2019 color trend, try pairing black cabinets with pastel ones.
11. Black Floor Cabinets with Open Shelves
Only have a few things to store in the kitchen? Replace the bulky wall cabinets with open shelves. Pairing black floor cabinets with open shelves create a more spacious atmosphere.
12. Black Cabinets with Black-and-White Floor
Black kitchen cabinets are a perfect pair for a black-and-white checkered floor. The elegant cabinets are contrasted by the playful, vintage-looking checkered floor. You can use the vinyl floor for easier cleaning.
13. Lacquered Cabinets with Matte Floor
Lacquered black cabinets have a reflective shine that look great in a bright kitchen. You can balance the shine by installing matte floor (with muted color). They balance each other and create a great look in any kitchen.
14. Black Cabinets for Glamorous Kitchen
Black cabinets are perfect to create a glamorous kitchen. Lacquered cabinets with white pendant lamp, gold hardware, and cushioned dining chairs are perfect for inviting vintage posh into the kitchen.
15. Black Cabinets with Marble Stovetop
Marble stovetop area creates a great focal point in a kitchen. Install black kitchen cabinets on both of its sides, flanking the marble tiles. The result is a “gate”-like visual that makes your cooking area more visible.
16. Matte Cabinets with Lacquered Floor
The matte look is another old trend that resurfaces for 2019. Matte cabinets have quite an elegance compared to the glossy ones. Pair them with a lacquered wooden floor to create a nice contrast.
17. Black Cabinets with Terrazzo
Warm-colored terrazzo also makes its way to 2019 kitchen trend. Terrazzo looks great for a backsplash, countertop, and kitchen island. Pairing it with black cabinets create an elegant look. Use light, warm color for the terrazzo, such as muted yellow or orange.
18. Smudged Zinc Black Kitchen Cabinets
19. Lacquered Finish Black Kitchen Cabinets
20. Ebony Black Kitchen Cabinets
21. Onyx Fridge
Black Range Kitchen Cabinets
Black kitchen cabinets are great additions for all homeowners who want to show some edge. Install them in any style you like to create an elegant kitchen.