The right lighting can turn a simple kitchen into a homely haven. Adopting beautiful kitchen lighting ideas will improve the room, even if you don’t do much remodeling.
From simple light bulbs to contemporary pendant lamps, there are many kitchen lighting styles you can adopt.
If you used to a simple lamp for the kitchen, try experimenting with multiple lamps. You can try installing smaller lamps for a workstation or dining area, for example.
There are also creative lamp designs available with a wide range of prices, perfect to spice up your kitchen.
Here are 19 examples of current kitchen lighting styles you can consider:
- 1 1. Lightbulbs and exposed wires
- 2 2. Hanging Edison bulbs
- 3 3. Spotlights on exposed beams
- 4 4. Spotlights with long pendant lamps
- 5 5. Glamorous chandeliers
- 6 6. Under-cabinet spotlights
- 7 7. Cabinet lightings
- 8 8. “Frame” spotlights
- 9 9. Industrial lamps with different heights
- 10 10. Rustic wood pendant lamps
- 11 11. Mason jar lamps
- 12 12. Steel pendant lamps
- 13 13. Brass/bronze lamps
- 14 14. “Terrarium” lamps
- 15 15. Desk lamp
- 16 16. Recycled lamps
- 17 17. Lantern lamps
- 18 18. Pendant lamps and downlights
- 19 19. Shell chandeliers
- 20 1. Kitchen Lighting Ideas, Pendant Lights
- 21 2. Kitchen Lighting Ideas, Island Lighting
- 22 3. Subjected Wires Kitchen Lighting
- 23 4. Hanging Edison Bulbs Lighting Ideas
- 24 5. Industrial Loft Kitchen Lighting Ideas
- 25 6. Large Pendant Kitchen Lighting Ideas
- 26 7. Redeemed Lights Kitchen
- 27 8. Light over the Kitchen Sink
- 28 9. Basic Ceiling Lighting Ideas
- 29 10. Vintage Ceiling Lights
- 30 1. Exposed Beams and Spotlights
- 31 2. Downlights and Chandeliers
- 32 3. High-end Kitchen Lighting Ideas
- 33 4. Downlights in a Galley Kitchen
- 34 5. Mounting the Kitchen Island
- 35 6. Brilliant Country Kitchen Lighting Ideas
- 36 1. Edison Bulb Chandelier
- 37 3. Worn-out Chic Chandelier
- 38 4. Brass Chandeliers
- 39 5. Capiz Chandelier
- 40 7. Gold Chandeliers
- 41 8. Glam Kitchen Chandeliers
- 42 9. Silver Chandeliers
- 43 1. Big Desk Lamp
- 44 2. Under Cabinet Kitchen Lighting Ideas
- 45 3. Bright Under Cabinet Lighting Ideas
- 46 4. Cupboards with LED Lighting
- 47 5. Lighting Under Kitchen Worktop
- 48 6. Kitchen Lighting Ideas in Cabinets
- 49 7. Lights and also Open Shelving
1. Lightbulbs and exposed wires
Lightbulbs at the end of exposed wires can create unique industrial touch, perfect for a modern kitchen. Using the yellow bulb can give vintage and warm touch in the kitchen. This style is perfect to be paired with wood, concrete, and brick elements.
2. Hanging Edison bulbs
Edison bulbs have sleek shapes, perfect for creating a unique view without obstructing the view. You can hang them with exposed wires or twirl them around a standing structure. Multiple bulbs create a great industrial look in any kitchen.
3. Spotlights on exposed beams
Have large exposed beams in the kitchen ceiling? Try installing the spotlights on those beams instead of the ceiling. This simple twist turns regular ceiling lights into a unique feature, while still functional.
4. Spotlights with long pendant lamps
If you have a large kitchen, two types of lamps may be necessary. Spotlights give wide lighting range, and pendant lamp creates a specific mood. The pendant lamp can be positioned above the kitchen island or dining area.
5. Glamorous chandeliers
Glamorous chandeliers never go out of style. They are perfect for a kitchen that doubles as a socializing place. Their sizes range for small chandeliers for more intimate setup, to large ones that look very impressive.
6. Under-cabinet spotlights
Need to focus on meticulous recipes? Spotlights under the cabinets give additional light to the countertop, perfect to increase focus. These lights can be turned off when unused, saving the energy.
7. Cabinet lightings
Lightings inside the cabinets are the extensions of your regular kitchen lamps. These lights work like a refrigerator lamp, helping you finding objects without turning on all the kitchen lamps. Some cabinet lightings have sensors that detect movements.
8. “Frame” spotlights
You can use spotlights to frame a special feature in the kitchen. For example, if there is a kitchen island, bar, or dining table in the middle of the room, spotlights can be arranged as a frame around it. The lights will draw the eyes to this main feature.
9. Industrial lamps with different heights
These lamps are perfect for loft kitchen or the one with a high ceiling. Pendant lamps with different heights create a unique atmosphere. They can also light different areas in the kitchen, especially if it has a loft area.
10. Rustic wood pendant lamps
The DIY lamp has become a popular element in kitchen lighting ideas. One of the popular ideas is turning a bunch of thick sticks into a rustic chandelier. They are bundled together in circular formation, and light bulbs are twined around them.
11. Mason jar lamps
Another popular DIY material, mason jars are great to make simple pendant lamps. Popular designs usually include individual bulbs being encased in each jar, before being connected to steel bars and wooden beam.
12. Steel pendant lamps
Steel pendant lamps give striking touch in an otherwise simple kitchen. It looks great with brick walls, or when paired with high-tech kitchen appliances. You need professionals to install these lamps since they are heavy.
13. Brass/bronze lamps
Unlike steel, brass or bronze is a metal that gives a vintage look. They may be in the forms of chandeliers or modern pendant lamps. They add “tough” look without being too sterile like metal.
14. “Terrarium” lamps
Some pendant lamps have “terrarium” models, which consist of a transparent container with strong frames. The lightbulb is placed inside the container, creating a unique look without obstructing the light.
15. Desk lamp
If you have a small kitchen, you can modify a desk lamp with an adjustable neck to illuminate some spots. A metal desk lamp attached to the wall can illuminate shelves and table underneath.
16. Recycled lamps
Flea markets or secondhand stores are great places to find recycled things, including lamps. Usually, you have to buy the lightbulbs yourself, because the old lamps only have their shapes and frames.
17. Lantern lamps
Lantern-style lamps create a classic statement in your kitchen. Even with modern minimalist style, these lamps will quickly create a visual statement in the room.
18. Pendant lamps and downlights
If you prefer a softer atmosphere, compared small pendant lamps with multiple downlights. These lamps are perfect for creating a mood without being too glaring with light.
19. Shell chandeliers
Shell chandeliers, such as lamps made of Philippine’s Capiz clam shells, have glass-like appearances. You can choose these unique lamps to replace glass chandeliers, with more unique decorative elements.
1. Kitchen Lighting Ideas, Pendant Lights
2. Kitchen Lighting Ideas, Island Lighting
3. Subjected Wires Kitchen Lighting
4. Hanging Edison Bulbs Lighting Ideas
5. Industrial Loft Kitchen Lighting Ideas
6. Large Pendant Kitchen Lighting Ideas
7. Redeemed Lights Kitchen
8. Light over the Kitchen Sink
9. Basic Ceiling Lighting Ideas
10. Vintage Ceiling Lights
1. Exposed Beams and Spotlights
2. Downlights and Chandeliers
3. High-end Kitchen Lighting Ideas
4. Downlights in a Galley Kitchen
5. Mounting the Kitchen Island
6. Brilliant Country Kitchen Lighting Ideas
1. Edison Bulb Chandelier
3. Worn-out Chic Chandelier
4. Brass Chandeliers
5. Capiz Chandelier
7. Gold Chandeliers
8. Glam Kitchen Chandeliers
9. Silver Chandeliers
1. Big Desk Lamp
2. Under Cabinet Kitchen Lighting Ideas
3. Bright Under Cabinet Lighting Ideas
4. Cupboards with LED Lighting
5. Lighting Under Kitchen Worktop
6. Kitchen Lighting Ideas in Cabinets
7. Lights and also Open Shelving
These kitchen lighting ideas will illuminate your kitchen with style. Set up the right mood and make your kitchen cozier with one of these great lamp options.