Modern Apartments – Apartment trends in 2019 are not about luxury, but “smart” design without losing the aesthetic. Modern apartments, especially in crowded urban areas, need to make the owners feel comfortable without losing their functionality. Luckily, the effects can be achieved with smart designs.
Current Trends in Modern Apartments
The current popular trend for urban apartments uses creative design elements to save space. Bed platform, snug bed “nest,” and multipurpose furniture items are now common items. These elements are combined with clean lines and no-bulk furniture items.
Minimalist lifestyle also takes hold in the trend. You can experiment with colors, textures, and decorations. You can also evaluate your lifestyle and adjust the need for space in the apartment.
List of Design Ideas for Modern Apartments
Here are 19 ideas for modern apartments you should know:
- 1 1. Bedroom nook with short stairs
- 2 2. Bed platform with extra space underneath
- 3 3. Transparent sliding doors
- 4 4. Mini kitchen corner
- 5 5. Mesh panels for partitions
- 6 6. Compact furniture items
- 7 7. Ceiling patterns
- 8 8. Urban indoor gardens
- 9 9. Solid color trends
- 10 10. Multipurpose furniture
- 11 11. Curved Shapes
- 12 12. Metal furniture
- 13 13. Antique/Art-deco elements for impacts
- 14 14. Concrete with natural elements
- 15 15. Smart home technology
- 16 16. Non-stainless metal elements
- 17 17. Recycled materials
- 18 18. Movable walls
- 19 19. Seamless appliances
- 20 This visualization is for the household apartment building called Egdom, located in Moscow.
- 21 Making use of one-of-a-kind flooring lamps includes a warm element to the major living space that is mainly carried out in amazing, neutral shades
- 22 The apartment or condo is fairly spacious, indicating there is a great deal of room for sitting in every location of the home
- 23 As an example, kitchen bar feces are straightforward however suitable for taking pleasure in a quick breakfast at bench
- 24 In the dining room, dining area necklaces hang in a modern collection of the table, which has plenty of space for 6
- 25 The modern dining chairs have an one-of-a-kind folded layout that adds both comfort as well as style
- 26 Moving into the bed room, the neutral color palette plainly performs
- 27 From bed linens to rugs to the natural wood accent wall behind the headboard, this is an area that does not believe in shade
- 28 The area does, however, have distinct vases that include a bit of personality
- 29 Slatted doors across the closet are a fascinating appearance as well as aids with ventilation
- 30 The slat design is likewise in use in the den, where anything from a relaxing snooze on the couch to a full workout session is level playing field
- 31 The narrow den additionally consists of a modern leather couch and a small work desk
- 32 Pinheads and a pullup terminal are a solid foundation for a house workout program.
- 33 The cozy beige of the sofa makes it look supple and also inviting
- 34 Special floor lamps like the AJ Floor Lamp offer a functional but sophisticated air to this multipurpose area.
- 35 Moving right into the youngsters space we do reach see something a bit extra playful and also vivid.
- 36 The wonderful pink wall surfaces are still within the realm of neutral, however bring a bit extra life to this youthful space.
- 37 This lucky little lady also gets an Eames chair of her very own for studying
- 38 Many kids beds are a lot less complex than this lovely cover frame, yet this set will be a lot more unforgettable
- 39 By not making use of the pink on every surface, the layout ends up being much more tasty as well as not so cloying
- 40 A formed wallpaper adds one more layer of interest
- 41 As well as no children room is complete with storage and also shelving
- 42 In the very first restroom we return to the complete on neutral combination, this time around even darker
- 43 Recessed lighting is a sensible, otherwise beautiful, solution to restroom lights
- 44 Smooth, glossy kitchen cabinetry contrasts with as well as shows interesting wall surface appearances
- 45 Black as well as gray are not extremely vivid, however they are soothing in their very own means
- 46 The second washroom takes a bit even more of a risk with some actually vivid tones of environment-friendly
- 47 Green, brownish, and also beige interact to bring a bit of fun right into this layout
- 48 A lit mirror is extremely lovely and great for selfies
- 49 By adding simply a bit of shade, the space obtains an entire dose of character
- 50 Different shades of grey develop some level of aesthetic passion
- 51 An easy console table under a mirror is a traditional layout choice
- 52 The gray walls and also doors look a bit institutional in this view, yet they are simple to match with even more playful aspects when an occupant selects
- 53 Imaginative overhead illumination guarantees plenty of light to cheer up the neutral space
- 54 While you could not really feel right away at home in a space such as this, it is easy to understand and also certainly soothing in its own method
1. Bedroom nook with short stairs
A small apartment with high ceiling has the potential for extra room in loft style. A “bedroom nook” can take up space from mid-wall to the ceiling. Short stairs give easy access to this sleeping space, giving more room for other activities.
2. Bed platform with extra space underneath
A “bed platform” consists of a hard panel with a strong support system, which “floats” above the floor. You can access the bed using a ladder. The extra space underneath can be used as working space or reading nook.
3. Transparent sliding doors
Instead of regular doors, glass sliding doors are better access tools between rooms, especially in urban apartments. They are quiet, don’t take up much space, and provide an airy look inside the apartment.
4. Mini kitchen corner
If you have a busy lifestyle and don’t always cook, why bother with the spacious kitchen? A mini apartment with busy occupant will get advantages from the mini kitchen. Wall cabinets help to save even more space in this mini-room.
5. Mesh panels for partitions
Mesh panels are great permanent partitions if you don’t like walls. They don’t obstruct the view and are light, but still, provide good separation between rooms.
6. Compact furniture items
Compact designs are new trends in the current minimalist lifestyle era. Things such as sofas, coffee tables, and bookshelves are free from unnecessary bulks. Emphasis on function also creates unique, “restrained” shapes.
7. Ceiling patterns
If patterned walls or floor make your apartment feel small, ceiling patterns can be the alternative. This current trend brings back the vintage molded ceiling designs from the ’20s, but with fresh twists.
8. Urban indoor gardens
Modern urban apartments can look alive and less stressful with indoor gardens. There are various creative ways to plant greens. Vertical boards, hanging baskets, or even mason jars on the walls work well.
9. Solid color trends
2019 sees the comeback of solid color trends for interior designs, with fresh twists from primary colors. Yellow, dark blue, and hunter green will dominate. However, secondary colors such as mango and violet still stay.
10. Multipurpose furniture
Multipurpose furniture now comes with trendy styles and designs. Some chairs can be turned into a daybed, classic sofa bed, and benches that serve as extra storage space.
11. Curved Shapes
Curved shapes also dominate design trends, from furniture items to decorations. Curves can lend elegance, quirkiness, or casualness. Furniture with curved ends is also a better option for a small urban apartment.
12. Metal furniture
More modern furniture items now come with metal elements, from tables to bookshelves. They are durable, modern, and perfect to be paired with many styles. Metal is also more sustainable.
13. Antique/Art-deco elements for impacts
If a minimalist apartment is too simple for you, adding antique/Art-deco elements can improve it. Richly-patterned pillows, draped curtains, or chandelier will improve the simplest room. You can get a memorable design without adding too many items.
14. Concrete with natural elements
Concrete is a perfect material for those looking for durable apartment walls. Concrete even made it into bathroom trend. Some natural elements such as a wooden floor or vertical garden can “soften” the look.
15. Smart home technology
Smart home technology still sees rising popularity. High-tech products, such as motion-detecting sink faucet, Wi-Fi coffee machine, and bathroom mirror with installed LED light are now available widely.
16. Non-stainless metal elements
2019 design trends see the use of metal that is not always stainless. Metals such as brass or bronze give warmer touch for otherwise common furniture items, from the chandelier to kitchen cabinets.
17. Recycled materials
Sustainable designs are growing in popularity. Furniture and decorations from recycled wood, leather, or metal are now available widely. They make the apartment look unique, perfect for green living.
18. Movable walls
Flexible home elements such as movable walls make apartments more adjustable. You can arrange the living areas to suit any activities. They are perfect for a small apartment that requires creativity in living arrangement.
19. Seamless appliances
Kitchen appliances now become more seamless than ever. Induction stoves and integrated cabinets make your kitchen less bulky. The smart storage system also hides your supplies perfectly, but you still can reach them easily.
These ideas for modern apartments will make your urban dwelling feel cozy and spacious. Try adopting some or even all of them to achieve the trendy look!